Arts in Bushwick is an all-volunteer organization and we need you to help make important events like Bushwick Open Studios a reality! Volunteering with AiB is a great way to gain experience, build your resume, make connections in the neighborhood and contribute to your community!
Want to help to make BOS happen? Here’s how you can get involved:
BOS 12 can’t happen without your help! To volunteer to help out with BOS, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Right now we have a number of specific volunteer needs, including:
- Web Developers – HTML/CSS/etc. WordPress and mobile development experience a big plus.
- Operational Support - Help us with registration, outreach and other operational needs. Data management, event production and/or community organizing experience a plus, but not required.
- Benefit - We will be holding the Benefit two weeks before the Festival, on Saturday, May 19th. This requires man power! We need volunteers to help set up, break down and run things during the event, as well as volunteers to help plan and coordinate the benefit ahead of time.
- Bloggers – We need writers to commit to blogging regularly on our site starting ASAP and continuing year-round!
- Media and Documentation – Help us document our activities year-round (photo/video/audio/etc.), produce media content for our website.
- Spanish Speakers/Translators – Help us produce Spanish language versions of our print materials, communicate with or translate for Spanish speakers by email or at live events
- Get involved in any of our other project teams, such as press, sponsorship, benefit, community projects, etc. Email for more information.
- Hubs - We already have several confirmed hubs, but if you have a location and are interested in being a Hub for BOS 2012 please contact us!
- Anything else you think would be cool for us to do as part of producing the festival that we may not have thought of yet. We’re always open to new input and ideas, so come on down!
Join the BOS 12 Planning Google Group!
All BOS 12 planning will be coordinated through our google group, and if you want to keep up on all of the developments and weigh in with your ideas and contributions, this is the place to be. You can join the google group here.
Come to one of our weekly planning meetings, or to a fun mixer event!
The best way to connect with us is to come to one of our weekly planning meetings. Meetings will be held on Thursdays and Sundays until BOS, at rotating locations, with some additional outreach events at other days/times. For meeting/mixer dates, times and locations, please join our mailing list, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or look on the right side of this page for upcoming meetings.
What else can you do to help?
Spread the word to artists, audience members, press, and your community! The more people are involved and the more visitors come, the bigger and better the weekend will be.
For information, email us at email@example.com.